The Wharton Finance Department hosts several visiting scholars, including PhD students and faculty from other universities, throughout the academic year. The major criterion for being selected as a visiting scholar is to have a member of our Standing Faculty serve as a liaison.
The Finance Department does not offer any monetary compensation for these visits and visitors will have to provide proof of financial support as well as proof of comprehensive health insurance for the duration of their stay in Philadelphia.
The Finance Department generally provides visiting scholars with (shared) office space and access to various resources. Please note that the number of visitors is thus restricted by office space availability.
Please review the below requirements for your application as a visiting scholar:
- A current CV for any student or faculty who wishes to visit the Finance Department.
- A request for a specific timeframe for your visit including beginning and end date.
- A brief statement explaining your purpose and goals for the visit.
- A brief statement from a member of our Standing Faculty agreeing to serve as your liaison. This statement should describe why the applicant should be a visiting scholar, including any potential benefits to faculty, graduate students, or the department in general.
- A recommendation letter from a faculty member at the applicant’s home institution.
- Information regarding visa status and whether you will need the department to sponsor one for you.
Please email the required documents to Beth Dellipriscoli at firstname.lastname@example.org once complete, including your sponsoring Finance Standing Faculty member on the request.
Requests will then be reviewed by the PhD Program Coordinator and the Department Chair.